- Rate hikes would prompt public hearings in Connecticut - June 2011
If insurers operating in Connecticut want to increase their premium rates, they might first have to submit to public hearings if Gov. Dannel Malloy signs legislation into law. Read more...
- Insurance Rates Are Squeezing Small Businesses - May 2011
Watch the YouTube video
- The Oregonian Editorial Board March 03, 2011
For years, skyrocketing health care premiums have been yanking small Oregon businesses off their feet. Some had a chance to vent to the Oregon Legislature this week about how this is affecting them -- how it's killing them, in some cases -- and they seized the moment. Read more..
- Insurers Overdue For Closer Scrutiny
February 23, 2011, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Back in August, when Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico railroaded another premium increase past our state's insurance regulators, company lawyers and executives were greatly aided by laws they had slid through our state Legislature limiting the scrutiny the state could apply to health insurers. Read more...
- Insurance reform lures Ringo back to Salem
By Nick Budnick, The Bulletin, February 09. 2011
Five years ago, lawyer Charlie Ringo left the state Legislature, having lost faith in its ability to tackle tough issues. On Monday, he drove from Bend back to Salem, hoping to prove his old self wrong. See the video and read more...
- Experts tell Senate committee that Oregon can curb health insurance rate hikes with tougher reviews
By Bill Graves, The Oregonian, February 07, 2011
Health insurance experts told a Senate committee today that Oregon could probably reduce insurance rate increases with a more aggressive and transparent review process that included options for public hearings. Read more...
- Health Insurance Rate Increase Review
New Mexico Legislature
introduced January 2011 Read more...
- Rate Review: Spotlight on State Efforts to Make Health Insurance More
Focus on Health Reform, December 2010
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY- Consumers and business owners are struggling to afford health insurance premium increases, particularly in the nongroup and small group markets. Read more...
- Oregon Pushes Back
by Brent Hunsberger, The Oregonian, December 10, 2010
Oregonians with spendy individual and small-business health insurance plans are again facing double-digit increases. Read more...
- Former Senator Charlie Ringo testifies
on the Regence Rate increase case. See on You Tube...